Groupprops:Search engine performance report (May)
This is a status report describing the status and performance of the wiki with respect to some parameters
Please refer Groupprops:Performance in search engines to understand more of the ideas and theory.
This report is as of 24th May 2007, using Google search.
Performance on web searches
- "Normal versus characteristic" returns a unique entry, the entry of the category page Category:Survey articles related to normality, among which the article normal versus characteristic is there.
- "Potentially characteristic subgroup" returns only 6 entries, of which two are to a page discussing a problem on potentially characteristic subgroups, and the others are on pages on this wiki pointing to the potentially characteristic subgroup page, as well as pages on the editthis.info version of this wiki
- "Measuring deviation from normality" returns only 5 entries, of which the only mathematical one is Category:Survey articles related to normality which lists the article measuring deviation from normality
- "Strictly characteristic subgroup" returns only a page of entries, one of which points to the Groupprops article on strictly characteristic subgroup
Pages that come in the first fifty
- "Contranormal subgroup" where our own contranormal subgroup entry comes at number 11
- "Fully characteristic subgroup" where our fully characteristic subgroup entry comes at number 25 (and a few later)
Pages that are nowhere near there
- "Supersolvable group": Too many places where it is there
- "Normal subgroup": Too many places where it is there
- "Permutable subgroup": Too many other places where it is there
- "Characteristic subgroup of a normal subgroup": Doesn't even figure
Here are the most linked to pages in Groupprops, and the number of results they return on Google search:
- Group has 244 links, and returns 248 results
- Normal subgroup has 184 links, and returns 132 results
- Subgroup has 136 links, and returns 273 results (but this can also be attributed to its being a subpart of normal subgroup
- Transitive subgroup property has 76 links, and returns 43 results
- Characteristic subgroup has 73 links, and returns 55 results
- Simple group has 50 links, and returns 35 results
- Nilpotent group has 41 links, and returns 20 results
Interestingly, all of these have the top entry pointing to the main article except the one on subgroup.