Classification of finite N-groups
- The projective special linear group for some prime power .
- The Suzuki group , .
- The projective special linear group .
- The Mathieu group .
- The alternating group of degree seven .
- The projective special unitary group .
- Nonsolvable finite groups all of whose local subgroups are solvable by John Griggs Thompson, Bulletin of the American Mathematical Society, ISSN 10889485 (electronic), ISSN 02730979 (print), Volume 74, Page 383 - 437(Year 1968): In this paper (appearing across multiple issues of the Pacific Journal of Mathematics), Thompson classified all N-groups.WeblinkMore info