Sufficiently large field
This term is related to: linear representation theory
View other terms related to linear representation theory | View facts related to linear representation theory
This term associates to every group, a corresponding field property. In other words, given a field, every field either has the property with respect to that group or does not have the property with respect to that group
BEWARE! This term is nonstandard and is being used locally within the wiki. [SHOW MORE]
- contains all the roots of unity, where is the exponent of .
- The polynomial splits completely over where is the exponent of .
- is a splitting field for every subgroup of .
- is a splitting field for every subquotient of .
Equivalence of definitions
- The equivalence of definitions (1) and (2) is straghtforward field theory.
- For (1) implies (4), refer sufficiently large implies splitting for every subquotient.
- (4) implies (3) is clear.
- For (3) implies (1), refer splitting field for every subgroup implies sufficiently large.