Classification of finite 2-groups of maximal class
This article gives a classification statement for certain kinds of groups of prime power order, subject to additional constraints.
View other such statements
Let be a group of order and nilpotency class , where . In other words, is a 2-group that is also a Maximal class group (?). Then, has a cyclic maximal subgroup , and it is one of the following groups:
- A dihedral group: it is a semidirect product of and a cyclic group of order two, which acts on via multiplication by -1.
- A semidihedral group: a semidirect product of and a cyclic group of order two, which acts on via multiplication by .
- A generalized quaternion group.
- Classification of finite p-groups with cyclic maximal subgroup
- Classification of finite 3-groups of maximal class
- Finite non-abelian 2-group has maximal class iff its abelianization has order four